Technical Management Trainee
Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive – a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. Our purpose is to nourish the world in a safe, responsible and sustainable way. Every day, we connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with food. We combine our experience with new technologies and insights to serve as a trusted partner for food, agriculture, financial and industrial customers in more than 125 countries. We offer a diverse, inclusive and inspiring working environment where you will grow personally and professionally.
What is the Technical Management Trainee Program about?
We aim to develop top diverse talent towards future expert and managerial roles for our technical and food science function at Cargill. The program offers access to accelerate development on the job and through other channels during a 24-month program which may include depending on your area of expertise:
• Leading or participating in continuous improvement projects in an operations environment, having interaction with maintenance and reliability, manufacturing technology, engineering, safety and quality.
• Being responsible for a significant piece of the production process and for the people that make it happen.
• Participating actively in the safety and food safety in our operations.
• Learning on the job with experts, developing technical and soft skills and receiving coaching from your manager and peers.
• Participating in structured learning (digital and instructor led) to develop your technical, professional and leadership skills with peers across Europe, Middle East and Africa, learning from each other during the different sessions of the Cargill European Graduate program.
• Building a peer network across Cargill.
The trainee will start with the initial period of onboarding and continue with a series of rotations (4-5) between different teams within our production department. He/she will work in shifts for the first 6 months.
The trainee will be gradually taking on the responsibilities of the people manager, working closely with the shift supervisor and production supervisor.
What you will bring to Cargill (REQUIRED)
• A completed Master degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Maintenance, Electrical, Process, Chemical, Food Engineering, Production Management)
• Entry level work experience (up to 2 years) and/or an internship in relevant areas.
• Fluent English. Fluent / good Dutch would be considered an advantage.
What you will bring to Cargill (PREFERRED)
• Proven natural leadership ability and excellent interpersonal skills.
• Technical affinity.
• Self-starter; highly motivated and able to work independently. Willingness to take responsibility and initiative. Demonstrated experience in prioritizing work and meeting deadlines.
• Fast learner and oriented to self-development: curiosity to learn and create new way of building and/or improving systems and processes
• Teamwork; ability to work in a multi-cultural and multi-functional teams.
• High integrity and ethical standards.
• Strong analytical skills and ability to proactively identify and resolve problems.
• Flexibility; able to cope with fast changes within a growing company.
• Willingness and flexibility to travel in case required.
The successful candidates will be invited to an initial video interview with the recruiter and the hiring manager. After that the shortlisted candidates will have a final face-to-face interview followed by a plant tour of Rotterdam Botlek.
Please, note the plant is located in the harbor. You can get to the location by car or by bicycle.
We will provide a fast-paced stimulating international environment, which will challenge and stretch you. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest private companies in the world!
At Cargill, everyone matters and everyone counts. Cargill is committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive and diverse work environment where all employees are treated with dignity and respect. As such and in alignment with our Guiding Principles, Cargill's long-standing equal employment opportunity policy prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant based on race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, marital status, family status, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, union affiliation, or any other status protected by law. Cargill is also aligned with all applicable national and local laws and regulations pertaining to non-discrimination and employment.
Ontdek welke baan bij Cargill op jou is afgestemd. Meld je aan op jouw LinkedIn-profiel. Wij baseren ons op jouw vaardigheden en ervaring om vacatures te zoeken die op jou zijn afgestemd.
Met ons programma Cargill Cocoa Promise verbinden we ons ertoe om generaties lang de cacaosector te laten bloeien.
Met onze inclusieve cultuur geven we de toekomst van de wereld vorm.
We combineren 154 jaar ervaring met nieuwe technologieën en inzichten om een vertrouwde partner te zijn op het gebied van voedsel, landbouw en voor financiële en industriële klanten in meer dan 125 landen. Samen kunnen we nieuwe kansen creëren, zodat je kunt groeien, jezelf kunt ontwikkelen en invloed kunt hebben op de toekomst van ons bedrijf.